Mint is a perennial herb with very fragrant, fruity, aromatic, toothed leaves. As well as kitchen companions, mints are used as garden accents, ground covers, air fresheners, and herbal medicines.
Uses & Benefits of Pudina
- Pudina is used as a carminative and an expectorant.
- The plant is highly effective in treating headaches, rhinitis, cough sore throat, colic, prurigo and vomiting.
- It serves as a good blood cleanser, since it is antiseptic and anti-bacterial.
- Pudina plays a significant role in alleviating swollen gums, mouth ulcers and toothaches.
- Crushed and bruised pudina leaves are used in treating insect bites.
- A decoction and infusion of its leaves and stems helps in fever, stomachaches, dysmenorrheal and diuresis.
- Fresh leaves of pudina are crushed and sniffed for dizziness. Crushed leaves are also applied on the forehead and temple, to cure headaches.
- For toothaches, boil 6 tablespoons of pudina leaves in 2 glasses of water, for 15 minutes. Strain and cool the water. Divide it into two parts and take each part after 3 to 4 hours.
- Boil 6 tablespoons of chopped leaves in 2 glasses of water, for 15 minutes. Cool and strain. Divide the decoction into 3 parts and consume three times a day. This will help in treating coughs.
- For treating arthritis, take some fresh leaves and heat on low flame. Pound them and apply on the painful joints or muscles, when still warm.
- Soak 2 tablespoons of chopped leaves in a glass of hot water for 30 minutes and strain. Use the infusion as a mouthwash.
- The menthol extracted from the plant is used in preparing balms.
Field Mint, Wild Mint, Corn Mint • Assamese: podina • Hindi: पुदीना pudina •Kannada: chetamargugu, chetni-marugu • Malayalam: putina, puttina, puttityana • Manipuri: নুংশী হিদাক nungshi-hidak • Tamil: iyeccirkirai, kumarakamuli • Telugu: igaenglikoora, igaenglikura
Central and Eastern Europe, Western & Central Asia
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Q. What is your replacement and returns policy?
Minor in-transit shock is quite natural. In the rare cases that your plant reaches you in a severely damaged condition, we provide free replacements once you share your order ID and images of the damaged product with us.
We do not accept returns. For more details, read here.
Q. Where are you based?
Q. What are the shipping charges?
We offer free shipping for orders above Rs. 499
Q. The plants received are in coco-peat. Do I need to repot them into regular soil?
Plants can comfortably grow in coco-peat if given feed at regular intervals. If you want to change the media we recommend maintaining the media near the roots and adding soil on the periphery.
Q. The plants I received are in a very small pot. Should I repot them?
We do not recommend repotting plants immediately after delivery as the plants have just travelled for some days before reaching you. You can repot your plant a couple of weeks after it settles in its new environment.
Q. Where do you deliver?
We deliver all over India.
Q. Won't plants die during shipping?
Plants when packed well can be shipped around the world. We securely pack each plant with great care to make sure it reaches you in a healthy and happy condition. We only sell hardy plants online, and are confident that our plants will reach you feeling excited to be in a new home.
Q. Are these actual plant photographs?
All our photographs are owned by us and are of our own plants.
Q. My plant doesn't look like the one in the picture. Should I return it?
We try our best to give you a plant that looks like the one on our website. However, like us homo sapiens, each plant is unique and it's not possible for us display exact pictures for each plant.
Q. Do you offer same day delivery?
For Mumbai based orders, we can offer express hand delivery possibly at an additional delivery charge. Call us once you've placed your order for any such requests.
Q. How long do you take to deliver?
Barring a few large planters, we dispatch all orders within 2 business days or lesser. Delivery can take anywhere between 1-10 days depending on your location.
Q. Is it possible to change the pot of the plant in my order?
As long as the plant is a good fit for the pot, yes we can change the pot. Please add the plant and pot you want to order to your cart and in the order instructions page mention that you would like the plant to be repotted.
Q. I exactly followed the care guide given by you, but my plant doesn't look healthy. What should I do?
Our care guides are a simplified version of what you should follow given our tropical humid climate in Mumbai. However, even small changes in light, temperature, water, humidity, fertilization, and insect infestation can all have an impact on your plant. If you just received your plant, please give it some time - every plant takes time to adjust to a new environment.
Q. Are there any chemicals in our plants?
All our herbs are 100% organic. A few of our ornamental plants may have been chemically treated, but that doesn't mean you have to do that too. Most plants will be quite happy with some cow-poop and vermicompost.
Q. My question is still not answered.
Please contact us on +91 - 9561277397 or firstname.lastname@example.orgContact us on WhatsApp